Jonathan S. Pasternak
Jonathan S. Pasternak joined the firm in 1990 and became a named partner in 1995. He has served as the firm’s Managing Partner since 2004. Mr. Pasternak co-heads, together with Robert L. Rattet, the firm’s business bankruptcy and insolvency practice. He provides special concentration in bankruptcy, workout, business and real estate law matters throughout the New York metropolitan area. Mr. Pasternak routinely represents debtors and creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, with a focus primarily on debtors and their management. Mr. Pasternak has represented such noteworthy clients such as Pudgie’s Famous Chicken, Gaseteria Oil Corp., Nationwide Electronics, Circle In the Square, International Wholesale Tile, Dicanio Organization and Byram Concrete Corp. in their respective Chapter 11 proceedings. Mr. Pasternak is a member of numerous national and regional bankruptcy and commercial law associations and has lectured on bankruptcy before various professional associations throughout New York and Westchester County. He has also been frequently quoted in Crain’s, The Deal and other industry publications and newspapers on various bankruptcy and related issues. Mr. Pasternak resides in Tenafly, New Jersey with his wife and three children. He is also an avid runner, singer, guitarist and performer.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. 1989
- Brown University, A.B 1985
- The Pingry School 1981
Mr. Pasternak is admitted to practice in New York as well as in the United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of New York.
- Frequently lectures and appears in a variety of media outlets on bankruptcy related matters
- Appeared on CNN’s Lou Dobbs Money Line in the fall of 2005 on the issue of the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005
- Was interviewed by June Grasso on Bloomberg Radio in June 2008 on the recent increase in business bankruptcies and again in November 2008 and December 2008 on the current retail bankruptcy crisis
- Appeared in September 2011 alongside several distinguished scholars and jurists on a panel hosted by the New York Institute of Credit on current developments in bankruptcy case law
Recognitions and Awards
- Named in the 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 New York Super Lawyers, handed out to the top 5% of practicing attorneys in the State of New York
- Is an AV Peer rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Has been routinely named a Top 20 Leading Bankruptcy Attorney and one of the Top 3 Leading Debtor Bankruptcy Attorneys in the United States (in terms of case assignments) by The Deal