Dawn Kirby Arnold has been a partner with the firm since 2008. She represents clients in business bankruptcy, business litigation and workouts. Her practice involves extensive experience in real estate and leasing issues in bankruptcy. She has represented corporate debtors, creditors and commercial litigation parties in some of the largest Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases ever filed. She also oversees the firm’s consumer bankruptcy practice.
Prior to joining Rattet Pasternak LLP as a partner, Ms. Arnold was a financial restructuring associate at King & Spalding LLP, a real estate litigation associate at Belkin, Burden Wenig & Goldman, LLP, worked in the Real Estate Finance Section of the New York State Attorney General’s Office, and served as an intern for the Chief Judge of the Eastern District Bankruptcy Court, the Honorable Conrad B. Duberstein.
- Ms. Arnold is deeply involved in several professional organizations. She is a member of the House of Delegates of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA), where she also serves on the Committee on Women in the Law. She is a Board Member of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York (WBASNY) where she formerly co-chaired the Bankruptcy Committee, and now serves as its liaison to the National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations (NCWBA). Ms. Arnold is a member of the Executive Committee of the Westchester County Bar Association (WCBA). She is Past President of the Westchester Women’s Bar Association (WWBA), where she formerly co-chaired the Bankruptcy Committee. Ms. Arnold is a member of the International Women’s Restructuring and Insolvency Confederation (IWIRC), where she is a member of the Planning Committee of the New York Network. She is also an active member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA).
- Ms. Arnold dedicates significant time to educating others in the profession. She has lectured extensively before professional and business organizations concerning corporate and consumer bankruptcy issues. She is a recognized leader and advocate in the industry.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. 1995
- Notre Dame Law School, Law Program for Evidence 1993
- Skidmore College, B.A. 1990
- Ms. Arnold is admitted to practice in Connecticut, New York State, the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the U.S. Supreme Court.